Transferable skills are abilities you will acquire throughout
your education at Esmod Dubai.
These skills are key to your career success.
In today’s workplace, hirers now search for candidates who thrive wearing many hats and are able to swiftly adapt to new work situations, making transferable skills even more important than before.
The hard skills you will acquire at ESMOD are quantifiable and unique to the profession of fashion designer.
- Monitoring fashion trends.
- Conducting market research.
- Source fabrics and trims.
- Seek design inspiration.
- Design womenswear collections.
- Design menswear collections.
- Design kids wear collections.
- Managing design process from conception through to final styling.
- Embellishing textile.
- Creating production sketches and technical drawings for development packages.
- Create design designs with Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop.
- Create layouts with Adobe Indesign.
- Develop collection plans.
- Present fashion stories, mood, color boards, and samples.
- Study and analyze design from technical perspective.
- Producing patterns and technical specifications.
- Cut and sew patterns into sample garments.
- Sewing on industrial sewing machines.
- Constructing garments.
- Modify patterns.
- Supervising fitting sessions.
- Reviewing product for style and fit during presentation.
- Manage social media tools.
- Model casting.
- Fashion photography.
They are increasingly sought after by employers:
- Written and spoken communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Time management, the ability to set and meet deadlines.
- Short and long-term goal setting and achievement.
- Creative thinking, curiosity and imagination.
- Research, information gathering, and analytic skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Meeting facilitation and presentation skills.
- Sensitivity to others.
- Listening skills.
- Conflict resolution.
- Motivating co-workers.
- Cooperation skills
- Respectful delegation.
- Reading body language.
- Team work.
- Dealing with office politics.
- Monitoring fashion trends.
2018 Graduate“Studying in Esmod Dubai, not only I learned professional fashion design and pattern making.
I gained self confidence and figured out what I need to do for my life. I got many life opportunities through hard studies as well as many options to choose from. I I also learned how to manage people relationships in the work place. I spent a wonderful time in Esmod Dubai".
2018 Graduate“As a student at Esmod Dubai, I have been able to explore my horizons by challenging and pushing myself beyond the limits which wouldn’t have been possible without the teachers’ deep and thorough knowledge about fashion. The skills and techniques taught to us are extremely valuable for the coming future and I, as a student feel prepared to jump into the real world”.
2018 Graduate“All my life i was thinking about the connection of art and society, fashion is the only form of art is reachable and understandable by most people . Here at Esmod dubai I learned to link my inner art to the outside world. Using the high tailoring and designing techniques. I am leaving this school with two full and heavy hands ; one full of precious moments and amazing memories with my loving teachers and life lasting friends, and two is a hand full of self confidence in my carrier because i have learned to give life to any idea that comes to my head thanks to esmod dubai’s team.”